Being able to obtain tips for healthy hair is an excellent way to ensure you know about the latest products, best available tools, and more current techniques for taking care of hair. Some people appear never to have bad hair days. They look as though they have just stepped out of a salon, no matter what day of the week. However, if you are like most people, you probably have the typical morning hair and do not look “put together” 24 hours a day, even though you may want to.
The good news is that you can have great hair, simply by knowing the following secrets, which we have provided as tips for healthy hair. Best of all, these are things that every person can do without excessive fussing. Instead of putting on the old ball cap to hide and unsightly head of hair, try the following and enjoy great looking hair all the time. Keep in mind that the first step is changing your mindset. Get rid of your scarves, hats, turbans, and other things used to hide your hair and embrace change.
- Haircut – One of the best tips for healthy hair is to ensure your hair looks great by getting regular haircuts. Now keep in mind when choosing a hairstyle, if you find that the stylist needs 30 to 45 minutes in the salon to make your hair look perfect, then when you get home, you will never be able to recreate the same look. Instead, you want a haircut that looks natural and requires little fuzz.Make sure the stylist understands the four important aspects of a haircut to include density, texture, type, and facial shape. For instance, if you have thick, coarse hair, then you would not want a full perm or if you have a full, round face, you want your hair to be pulled away from the face to make it look thinner. Finally, a good haircut should last six weeks, looking great every day.
- Work with Nature – Everyone has different hair. It might be that your hair is fine, thick, wavy, straight, and so on. To look its best, you need to work with your natural hair. Otherwise, you will find that you become enslaved to your hair, going through constant coloring, relaxing, cutting, chemical applications, etc.
- Use Products Wisely – Go easy on the products. If you apply gel to your hair, rather than fill the palms of your hands with the product, use a small, dime-size portion. The same would be true with hairspray. You do not want your hair to appear stiff but flowing and natural. Therefore, use a small amount of spray, allowing your hair to have movement.Another tip for healthy hair is that using too much products will cause your hair to appear greasy and weighted down. You also want to be careful when mixing and matching products. Instead of applying a leave-in conditioner, styling mousse, gel, and then hairspray, simply shampoo and condition your hair and then use one product. Additionally, it would be best to use the same brands in that they are designed to work together for the best results.
- Hair Rollers – Many people today use rollers to achieve soft curls. If you plan using rollers on your hair, you want to use them right. For example, unheated rollers should be used on damp hair while heated rollers would be used on dry hair.After you shampoo your hair, do not use products until the hair is no longer wet, but just damp. For one, if you apply the product sooner, the hair will take longer to dry, thus taking longer to curl. Two, you will not get a consistent curls. When you put rollers in your hair, place the largest rollers at the top near the roots to produce the most volume. Just make sure you do not position the rollers right up to the roots or it can pull and stretch the hair, causing damage.
When you unwind the rollers, take your time. Too often, hair will become entangled, causing frustration and pulling. This breaks and tears the hair, making it look frizzy. Then to get a natural curl, instead of using a brush to form tight curls, flip your head over and with your fingers, comb through your hair. Then you flip your hair back, it will be soft and natural.
- Roots – The roots of your hair can be damaged in a number of ways. Therefore, before you start blow-drying or curling, make sure you take care of the roots. For starters, a tip for healthy hair is that when you blow dry, your hair, start by drying the root area first. The same would be true when applying hair products. You will get more volume by applying to the roots first and then working your way down.
- Preparation – One problem that many people face is that as the day progresses, the hair becomes dull and tired looking. If you are faced with this challenge, then you reactivate your morning’s gel or mousse with a simply spritz of water.Another great tool is to purchase a miniature curling iron that can be kept in your purse or desk. Then at lunch, you can take five minutes to refresh the curls, looking just as good, as you did in the morning. If you wear your hair long, then use scrunchies to wrap it up several times a day. When you take the hair down, you will have instant fluff and volume.
- Body – Dealing with limp, lifeless hair is another common problem. To get the thickness and body you want, you need to make sure your hair is washed with a quality shampoo and conditioner. Then when you dry your hair, bend over at the waist and blow your hair upside down. Once the hair is approximately 50% dry, apply mousse or gel and with a vent brush, work it through. Now, flip your head over again, drying until completely dry.
- Go Easy – Purchase some of the up do tools sold at stores to help put your hair up so it looks neat rather than just thrown together. To make this work, you need to gather all your hair as neatly as possible and then wind or roll it in one direction. With the updo tool, put the hair up and then secure it with bobby pins.
- Darn Those Cowlicks – Many men and women struggle with cowlicks but instead of fighting these areas of the hair, use them to your advantage. For example, you can start a part or sweep the hair over at the location of the cowlick and have a nice lift. Another option is to brush your hair over toward the cowlick with a little bit of gel. The result will be a nice fullness that makes the hair look great and hides the cowlick.
- Regular Trims – In addition to having a great cut, our last tip for healthy hair is to keep up with regular trims. Unfortunately, women will try to stretch the time out as long as possible but even waiting one week can make a big difference.
This series has been sponsored by Depilex F-8 Islamabad, join their social media: