Often neglected, hands need to be regularly taken care of. Frequent contacts with water and chemicals, sun, cold weather, gardening – all put your skin under a big stress. While hands do not have many oil glands, they will give away your age earlier than your pampered face.
In the meantime, it has been noticed that after making eye contact, the next thing people pay attention to is your hands.
What can you do to keep your hands beautiful?
* Moisturize! Several times a day. Dry skin is easily injured and looks wrinkled.
* Protect your hands – wear gloves when gardening, washing dishes, or dealing with chemicals
* Use sun protection
* Keep your hands dry. Any water left on your hands will evaporate and dry out the skin.
* Give your hands a special treatment – herbal or oil bath – once in a while.
Here are a few suggestions for your next hand spa:
1. Herbal hand bath:
Bring 1 qt of water to boil and pour over 1 tbsp of herbs (you can use all of these or just one: chamomile, nettle, sage, coltsfoot, calendula). Let the infusion cool to 100-110F and soak your hands in it for about 15-20 minutes. Dry your hands thoroughly and apply a rich moisturizer.
2.You can make your own nourishing hand cream:
Thoroughly mix 1 teaspoon of honey and 3 tbsp of unsalted butter. Add 1 tbsp of strong herbal infusion. This will make a very rich cream. It will take a while to absorb, but leave your hands silky and smooth.
3. For dry skin use this hand treatment 1-2 times a week:
* 1 tbsp Glycerin
* 1 Egg yolk
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil (olive, almond, or another oil of your choice)
* Lemon Juice of 1 lemon
* 3 1/2 – 4 oz of an herbal infusion (for example: chamomile, calendula, elderflower) or rose water.
This series has been sponsored by Depilex F-8 Islamabad, join their social media: