- Healthy skin is key to the successful use of beauty products. First, ensure that your skin is thoroughly washed prior to applying perfume.
- Evaluate yourself for any particular skin or body issues that may cause you to have a strong body odor. If you use perfume to mask body odor, it will not last as long, and eventually your body odor will overpower the perfume.
- If you have any skin or body issues that could be disrupting the use of your perfume, address them by seeking professional help or using appropriate products before applying perfume.
- Ensure that you are not using perfume in place of a deodorant or antiperspirant. Even deodorants with a light smell will not mask your perfume, but instead enhance it. The deodorant will take away any odor from sweat, allowing your perfume to gracefully scent the remainder of your body.
- Ensure that you have no open irritations or sores on your body before applying perfume, as the combination of perfume and bodily fluids can combine to create unpleasant odors.
Provide Moisture to Prolong Perfume
- Perfume lasts longer in a moist environment. Before applying perfume, first evaluate the state of your skin-is it dry and flaky, or moist and healthy?
- If your skin is dry, apply a moisturizer to help bring fluids to your skin. Consider buying a lotion that is the same scent as your perfume.
- Allow the moisturizer to be fully absorbed by your skin before applying perfume.Identify your pressure points, and ensure that they have already been moisturized.
- The most common areas to spritz with perfume are your wrists, your neck and behind your knees .
- Spray perfume across your body, making sure to cover your pressure points for maximum staying power.
Tips & Warnings
Apply perfume before dressing. Although your pressure points may then be covered by clothing, the perfume will last longer when sprayed directly on your skin instead of over clothing.
If you have skin that remains dry after moisturizing, you may have to reapply perfume at various points throughout the day and night, as dry skin sucks the moisture out of perfume, dissipating the scent.
Stronger scented perfumes naturally last longer than light and airy scents. Choose appropriately!
This series has been sponsored by Depilex F-8 Islamabad, join their social media: